- Here’s list of Questions & Answers on Bioinformatics Subject covering 100+ topics:
– 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions & Answers in Bioinformatics with explanations
– Every MCQ set focuses on a specific topic in Bioinformatics Subject
Who should Practice these Bioinformatics Questions?
– Anyone wishing to sharpen their knowledge of Bioinformatics Subject
– Anyone preparing for aptitude test in Bioinformatics
– Anyone preparing for interviews (campus/off-campus interviews, walk-in interview and company interviews)
– Anyone preparing for entrance examinations and other competitive examinations
– All – Experienced, Freshers and Students
1. Questions & Answers on Sequence Alignment
The section contains questions and answers protein motfis, motif and domain databases using regular expressions and statistical models, protein family databases, global and local sequence alignment, dot matrix sequence comparison and bayesian statistics.
|Protein Motifs and Domain Prediction|
Motif and Domain Databases Using Regular Expressions
Motif and Domain Databases Using Statistical Models
Protein Family Databases
Global Sequence Alignment
Local Sequence Alignment
|Motif Discovery in Unaligned Sequences|
Dot Matrix Sequence Comparison
Dynamic Programming Algorithm for Sequence Alignment
Use of Scoring Matrices and Gap Penalties in Sequence Alignments
Assessing the Significance of Sequence Alignments
2. Questions on Pairwise Sequence Alignment
The section contains questions on sequence homology versus sequence similarity, methods and statistical significance of sequence alignment.
|Sequence Homology Versus Sequence Similarity and Identity|
|Statistical Significance of Sequence Alignment|
3. Questions & Answers on Multiple Sequence Alignment
The section contains questions and answers on exhaustive and heuristic algorithms, wunsch algorithm, progressive and iterative methods of multiple sequence alignment, sequences localized alignment, aiding alignment statistical methods and specific scoring matrices.
Needleman – Wunsch Algorithm
Progressive Methods of Multiple Sequence Alignment
|Iterative Methods of Multiple Sequence Alignment|
Localized Alignments in Sequences
Statistical Methods for Aiding Alignment
Position – Specific Scoring Matrices
4. Questions on Database Similarity Searching
The section contains questions on heuristic database searching, blast, fasta, smith – waterman method, fasta and blast comparison.
|Heuristic Database Searching|
Basic Local Alignment Search Tool (BLAST)
|Comparison of FASTA and BLAST|
Database Searching with the Smith – Waterman Method
5. Questions & Answers on Structural Bioinformatics
The section contains questions and answers on protein structure basics and structural visualization, protein structure comparison and classification.
|Protein Structure Basics|
Protein Structural Visualization
|Protein Structure Comparison|
Protein Structure Classification
6. Questions on Secondary Structure Prediction
The section contains questions on protein secondary structure prediction, secondary structure and coiled coil prediction.
|Protein Secondary Structure Prediction for Globular Proteins|
Secondary Structure Prediction for Transmembrane Proteins
|Coiled Coil Prediction|
7. Questions & Answers on Protein Tertiary Structure Prediction
The section contains questions and answers on ab initio protein structural prediction, threading and fold recognition.
|Ab Initio Protein Structural Prediction & Homology Modeling||Threading and Fold Recognition|
8. Questions on RNA Structure Prediction
The section contains questions on rna structures, rna secondary structure prediction methods, ab initio and comparative approach, performance evaluation, prediction limitations, energy method and free grammars, rna genomes and rna structure modeling applications.
|Types of RNA Structures|
RNA Secondary Structure Prediction Methods
Ab Initio Approach
|Limitations of Prediction|
Minimum Free – Energy Method & Stochastic Context – Free Grammars
MFOLD and the Use of Energy Plots
Searching Genomes for RNA & RNA Structure Modeling Applications
9. Questions & Answers on Genome Mapping, Assembly and Comparison
The section contains questions and answers on genome mapping and sequencing, genome sequence assembly, genome annotation and comparative genomics.
Genome Sequence Assembly
10. Questions on Functional Genomics & Proteomics
The section contains questions on sequence and microarray based approaches, sage and dna microarrays comparison, protein expression analysis, post translational modification, protein sorting and interactions.
|Sequence – Based Approaches|
Comparison of SAGE and DNA Microarrays
Technology of Protein Expression Analysis
|Post Translational Modification|
11. Questions & Answers on Molecular Phylogenetics
The section contains questions and answers on phylogenetics basics, tree representation forms, gene phylogeny versus species phylogeny.
Gene Phylogeny Versus Species Phylogeny
|Forms of Tree Representation|
12. Questions on Phylogenetic Tree Construction Methods and Programs
The section contains questions on distance and character based methods, phylogenetic tree evaluation and programs, maximum parsimony method, maximum likelihood approach and reliability of phylogenetic predictions.
|Distance Based Methods|
Character Based Methods
Phylogenetic Tree Evaluation
|Maximum Parsimony Method|
The Maximum Likelihood Approach
Reliability of Phylogenetic Predictions
13. Questions & Answers on Gene and Promoter Prediction
The section contains questions and answers on gene prediction programs categories, gene prediction in prokaryotes and eukaryotes.
|Categories of Gene Prediction Programs|
Gene Prediction in Prokaryotes
|Gene Prediction in Eukaryotes – 1|
Gene Prediction in Eukaryotes – 2
14. Questions on Promoter and Regulatory Element Prediction
The sections covers questions on prediction algorithms, promoter and regulatory elements in prokaryotes & eukaryotes.
|Promoter and Regulatory Elements in Prokaryotes & Eukaryotes|
Prediction Algorithms – 1
|Prediction Algorithms – 2|
Prediction Algorithms – 3
15. Questions & Answers on Predicting the Structure of Protein – Biomolecular Interactions
The section contains questions and answers on molecular complementarity, conformational flexibility, evaluation of models & visualization methods.
|Evaluation of Models & Visualization Methods|
16. Questions on Global Approaches for Studying Protein – Protein Interactions
The section contains questions on protein and domain interactions, gene order use and phylogeny to predict protein.
|Protein – Protein Interactions|
Structural Analyses of Domain Interactions
|The Use of Gene Order & Phylogeny to Predict Protein – Protein Interactions|
17. Questions & Answers on Predicting the Structure of Protein – Biomolecular Interactions
The section contains questions and answers on dna and genomic sequencing, cdna libraries of expressed genes, sequence formats and storage, database access program, genemo anatomy, comparative genomics, sequence assembly and gene identification.
|DNA & Genomic Sequencing|
Sequencing cDNA Libraries of Expressed Genes & Submission of Sequences to the Databases
Sequence Formats & Computer Storage of Sequences
Multiple Sequence Formats, Storage of Information in a Sequence Database
Using the Database Access Program ENTREZ
Genome Anatomy – 1
Genome Anatomy – 2
|Genome Anatomy – 3|
Sequence Assembly and Gene Identification – 1
Sequence Assembly and Gene Identification – 2
Sequence Assembly and Gene Identification – 3
Comparative Genomics – 1
Comparative Genomics – 2
18. Questions on Genome Analysis
The section contains questions on genes functional classification, global gene regulation and gene function prediction.
|Functional Classification of Genes|
Global Gene Regulation
|Prediction of Gene Function Based on a Composite Analysis|